JOB DESCRIPTION & EXPECTATIONS
Title: Security Engineer
Location: Field based
Reporting to: Operations Manager
Job Purpose and Summary: To carry out Installations, Service & Maintenance visits and corrective works on a day to day basis and as required by our clients. Most works will be carried out at our customer’s sites and premises, with some preliminary works at the office on a rare basis. The Engineers support the delivery of installations, service, and maintenance works with the day-to-day client and coordinator-focused activities, ensuring all communications and records are recorded accurately. As a very customer-facing role and as the primary contact with our clients the role focuses on delivering exceptional service and support that deliver and uphold our values.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for the daily communications and documentation is updated accurately with the coordinators in the office.
- Ensuring the Values and Vision of the company are upheld, achieved and seen by our customers.
- Delivering a professional and effective installation and service to our customers.
- Continually make sure that the image and perception of the company is kept in the highest regard.
- Ensure all works are caried out in an efficient and effective manner.
- Ensure that all works are carried out in a safe manner and all company policies regarding health and safety are adhered to.
- Customer premises and sites are respected and left clean and tidy.
- Ensure documents required by the office are completed professionally in full, accurately and returned to the office quickly and as requested.
- Keep company vehicles clean and tidy. Reporting any damage to a vehicle immediately.
- Ensure the specification of any works instructions are carried out in line with specification at all times.
- Report to the office any amendments to the specification, that maybe required and ensure approval is received from the office before any amendments are carried out.
- Carryout any investigative works, on a service call are carried out for no longer than one hour initially. If the investigative works need to continue to rectify the issue, then authorization must be given from the office to continue.
- Some works will require engineers to travel to customers sites throughout the UK.
- Some works will require engineers to stay away from home overnight and could be for a number of consecutive nights.
- Recording and updating all installations, service call outs, additional works, works in progress and maintenance visits documentation is completed as per the company process and policies.
- Assisting engineering colleagues and following project managers, senior engineers and coordinator instructions.
Minimum Education/ Training Required:
- 2+ years’ of engineering or similar service
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
- An open, energetic and creative environment
- Dynamic workflows, enabling interaction with all staff and constant ‘Agile’ thinking
Essential Equipment Knowledge Required:
- Office 365 – specifically, Excel, Word, PowerPoint and SharePoint/Teams
Additional Essential Skills Required:
- Effective organization, planning and problem-solving skills
- Creative and out of the box thinking
- Energy and drive
- An amazing attitude
- Detail-oriented, responsible and conscientious
- Flexible, dependable and reliable
- Self-directed, requiring minimal supervision
- Able to multi-task and work well under pressure
- Able to prioritize important situations
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills
- Able to take lead, direct and function as a member of a team
To apply for this role please send a copy of your C.V to email@example.com